Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My new BFF...

Not the girl...the treadmill! I have been working my butt off to meet a goal I made for myself: To run a 5K on my 30th Birthday.
I only have a month left to train and don't really know what I am doing so I am just making it up as I go. I am currently running 20 minutes and just about 2 miles a day. This will be my first 5K ever and I am so excited for it! I never really believed people that said that running is addicting...I am now a believer!!

9 leave your thoughts here:

Unknown said...

5K's are fun...I am not sure I could do much more than that...but I did have fun on the few that I have done.

Traci said...

5k's are addicting too. I am not a super fast runner, but getting to the finish line is a pretty good feeling! I am hoping to do a couple this summer!!!

Kara said...

you are AWESOME!!!! And I know you'll make your goal cause your doing so great already. Thanks for inspiring me to be a runner!:)

The Belshes said...

That is awesome Ali!! Which one are you doing? Signing up for a race is such a good motivator!! You'll do Great :)

p.s. I can tell you've been running! You are looking so good!!

Jen said...

Wow! That's exciting. I'm starting to run, just a little, myself. I was talking myself out of the weird thoughts I was having about running a 5 or 10K, but your little post is actually a motivator. Maybe...

Heather English said...

wait! what 5k are you doing in a month? I want to do it too!

Ali said...

I am not doing a real 5K next month. I am just making my own 5K on my Birthday cause it is on a Saturday and I made that a goal for myself. But anyone and everyone is welcome to join me. :)

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

That is awesome! I am trying to get back into running. I was one of those people who used to love running. Used to being the key words. Now I run down the street and I'm winded, it's pathetic. You totally inspire me. Time to get movin' huh? You can totally do it!

carolee said...

You go girl! I'm dying for the weather to get better for outside running!